Sunday, July 15, 2012

Grooming Seminar (Sexy and I Know It!)

Grooming had been put on the back burner after a trip to the PetSmart beauty salon where we were told it would be close to 200 bones (for all my people readers, that's $200) for a haircut. Plus, I have a love / hate relationship with my floofy fur -- the papa loves it, the mama thinks I look like one of the Beatles (but not in the making-teenage-girls-faint kind of way). So when the mama heard about the HCNC Grooming Seminar, she signed me up and sweetened up the papa with a trip to Rock Bottom Brewery before the event.

Once we arrived, the mama volunteered me to get on the grooming table first. I was a little terrified, but everyone there gave me hugs and treats and loved on me so I would know that I was in good hands. Mr. Ron Horn, who has groomed show dogs for "a long time," showed the mama and the papa how to trim my hocks, feet, and ears--pointing out all the places where the cuts should start and stop--and which type of scissors to use for each location. He said that trimming the fur on the pads of my feet will help with traction, which is awesome because I like to skid out chasing tennis balls on the kitchen linoleum at home. He used thinning shears to cut around the "leather" part of my ear, which must have been tough for the papa to watch, but I think he was starting to come around near the end of my trim when he saw how handsome I was becoming. Look at this huge head that was hidden under all those luscious curls:

Before
After
I got off the grooming table feeling like a million bucks (or $200, at least) and the best part is that the mama and the papa now have the knowledge to replicate the haircut at home. I even saw the papa checking out the nail clippers and a comb for getting mats out of my fur, so I think I'm in for a lifetime of fancy haircuts and fainting girls.


This song perfectly describes how I feel 
(although the video is a little PG-13, don't let young puppies watch!): 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment